Goodland News (Google)
2/18/18: William G. Procopio, 41, of Duluth and Hibbing, died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018, in Duluth. He was born in Grand Rapids to Wayne Procopio and Peggy (Adams) Procopio on April 6, 1976. William enjoyed playing his guitar and music in general. He also enjoyed camping, the outdoors and mostly his family.
He is survived by his wife, Cara, of Hibbing; his son, Bryce Procopio; parents, Wayne Procopio of Goodland and Peggy Adams of Ft. Myers, Fla.; stepson, Tate Poorman; sisters, Mandi and Joleen Hendrickson, both of Chisholm. He was loved by many friends and relatives.
1/16/18 - Matthew and Kari Endres of Goodland, announce the arrival of a daughter, Adalynn Marie Endres. Adalynn is welcomed home by brother, Reilly.
Maternal grandparents are Wayne and Diane Wilson of Goodland. Paternal grandparents are Dave and Sarah Endres of Hampton, Minn. Great-grandmother is Adeline Kuiawinski.
6/27/17: William (Bill) Neil Laituri, age 68 of Eveleth, was born September 3, 1948 in Virginia, and died on June 21, 2017 in Pembroke Pines, FL of cardiac arrest. He was the son of Neil Laituri and Maxine Ketola Laituri of Virginia, MN. He married his wife of 46 years, Sharon Carlson of Goodland, MN on September 12, 1970 in Goodland.
2/21/17: Traci Annette “Z” Ottmann, 59, of Reno, Nev., passed away Saturday, Dec.16, 2017, at Renown Medical Center in Reno, Nev. She was born on Nov. 20, 1958, the youngest of four children to Richard “Buddy” and Juanita “Jeri” (Juell) Matthiesen in Gardena, Calif. The family moved back to Goodland in 1964, and Traci was a 1977 graduate of Nashwauk-Keewatin High School. She married John Eckstrom in 1979 in Goodland and lived in Hibbing until she moved to Reno in 1988.
Goodland is an unincorporated community in Itasca County.
Served by the Post Office in Warba Minnesota, Goodland's zip code was once 55742, but now shares Warba's zip code of 55793.
Goodland is 19 miles from Grand Rapids on Minnesota State Highway 65.
The village of Goodland began as a logging camp for the Swan River Logging Company. Goodland was originally called Gardner, possibly for a local attorney by that name.
The village of Gardner was renamed to Goodland when platted in 1903 by C. H. Phinney Land Company.
It's post office began in 1903 before burning around 2010.
The Great Northern Railway once maintained a station there.